Today’s blog post is a fantastic excerpt I found while reading. It focuses on a huge aspect of most of our lives, social media! Social media always has a message. Whether it’s the latest on Donald Trump, a socialite or even a particular cause. It’s easy to get caught up in the mire, lose identity and focus, possibly even direction. For us Christians, we need to constantly remain in the word of God which will affirm who we are, and who we are will reflect in our actions.
Enjoy the excerpt below.
“What other people say about you is opinion. What God says about you is fact. The way to know your worth is to focus on the facts.” Here are 10 biblical truths to support that:
- I am made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-28), and I have great potential to grow more like Him and reflect His goodness to others.
- God is within me, so I will not fall (Psalm 46:5).
- Nothing can separate me from the love of God that I receive through Christ (Romans 8:39).
- God has begun a good work in me, and He’ll continue that work until the day Jesus returns (Philippians 1:6).
- God’s love toward me is great (Psalm 86:13).
- God’s plan for me is worth the wait (Jeremiah 29:11).
- Everything God makes, including me, is good (Genesis 1:31).
- I can confidently trust the Lord to care for me and not fear bad news (Psalm 112:7).
- Jesus looks for me when I’m lost (Matthew 18:12-14).
- The world needs my light because God created me to shine for Him (Matthew 5:14-16)
Today’s blog post is an excerpt from an interview with Kari Kampakis for Biblegateway Blog, Dangers of Social Media on self worth 21/02.17.